Indian Music Experience
Immerse yourself in India`s rich musical heritage at Bangalore`s newest and most exciting cultural hub – the Indian Music Experience (IME)! Located in JP Nagar, South Bangalore, just 2 km from Yelachenahalli Metro Station, the IME is India`s only interactive music museum. It features a Sound Garden with 10 playable musical sculptures, Exhibit Galleries with musical instruments, storyboards, touchscreens, mini-theatres, and audio-video kiosks, a Learning Centre with regular classes and workshops, and much more. ..
No of Seats110
With themes ranging from the legends of Bollywood to folk music from around the country, to classical maestros and indie rock bands, the IME covers the entire spectrum of Indian music, from the traditional to the contemporary. The IME is designed to the best international standards and is housed in a beautifully constructed contemporary building surrounded by greenery. In addition, the IME houses an alfresco café, operated by the award-winning Woodrose Club, featuring a delectable selection of Indian and international fare. The Gift Store at IME features a product suite of aesthetically-crafted products that are inspired by themes from the museum.
While the IME is an ideal place for international tourists to understand India`s cultural diversity, it is equally fascinating for Indian audiences, both young and old, to reconnect with their culture and discover more about their music.
In addition to museum visits, an event calendar of regular concerts, storytelling for children, film screenings, workshops, and seminars, makes the IME a must-visit destination for culture vultures and music aficionados.
Event Date: 13th Nov 2020 - 29th Nov 2020
Event Venue: Indian Music Experience, JP Nagar, Bengaluru
Hours and Timings
- The museum will be open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays ONLY
- Timings : 10am - 6pm (Last ticket at 5pm)
- The ticket is valid for the whole day and the customer can anytime between 10am - 6pm
COVID19 - Related InformationClick here to expand
The health of our guests and staff is our top priority. To enhance guests' safety while they enjoy all IME has to offer, we've established many health, safety, and sanitation protocols.
As we adjust to new ways of living and socializing, we want to help you stay connected to the world through the power of Indian culture.
What to ExpectClick here to expand
Frequent cleaning and sanitation
• Increased housekeeping services across the museum, with a focus on high-touch areas like bathrooms and elevators.
• Use of Disinfectant sprays in galleries and high-traffic areas.
• Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers at all galleries.
• Touchless soap dispensers in all bathrooms.
For employeesClick here to expand
• Required training on COVID-19 and ways to protect themselves and others.
• Temperature checks and a health questionnaire for all employees at the beginning of every shift.
• Employees are required to wear face masks at all times in the museum.
• Requiring employees to maintain at least 6 feet of distance from guests and other employees.
• Plexiglass dividers at ticketing and retail counters.
For guestsClick here to expand
• Requiring guests ages 3 and above to wear a face mask at all times.
• Requiring guests to maintain at least 6 feet of social distance (households arriving together do not have to practice distancing).
• Decreasing usual museum capacity by 75% to facilitate social distancing.
• Requiring tickets purchased in advance for a specific entry time to maintain capacity.
• Accepting credit/debit cards or digital wallet payments.
• Providing (sanitized/disinfected in UV Chamber) stylus pens for guests to use with interactives.
• A limited menu while adhering social distance between tables at the “Sound Bites Cafe”